We are here to help you. We are dedicated to making this a fair and simple process.
We are guided by three key principles:
- The right to complain is fundamental to a democracy.
- Every individual will be treated with respect.
- The nature and severity of the complaint dictates our response and the resources we allocate to it.
You can expect us to…
- Be impartial and accessible
- Understand that complainants may be frustrated, upset, and angry
- Be accountable, open, and ethical in all our communications
- Be clear about what we can and can’t do, and tell you why
- Be clear about our timelines and acknowledge when these cannot be met
- Be respectful and professional
- Listen to you carefully to understand and act on your complaint
- Clarify both of our roles in the complaint-to-resolution process
- Be clear about what you can expect from us and what we expect from you