The more information you provide, the faster we can begin helping you.
Here are a few important tips about gathering the information we need to give you the best possible support:
1. Let us know why you are unhappy.
2. Keep a record of all of your conversations with Hydro One employees, including their name, and the dates of those conversations.
3. Keep copies of any letters and e-mails you have sent and/or received.
4. Tell us what you feel would be a fair resolution to your complaint. For example, would you appreciate:
- An apology
- A billing correction
- A change to Hydro One policy
- A service that should have been offered but was not or a change to the way services are offered?
Before you call, focus on the most important points you would like to raise. It might help to write out your main points.
Sample Written Complaint
ATTN: Fiona Crean
Hydro One Ombudsman
Hydro One Ltd.
483 Bay Street, South Tower
Toronto, ON M5G 2P5
I am sending you a formal complaint. I would like you to consider the following points.
1. List the details of your complaint, in the order in which the event(s) happened. Describe what went wrong and how you suffered as a result. Try to make this clear and concise.
2. Tell us what you think might resolve the problem. Be clear about what you would like to happen as a result of making the complaint.
3. Ask for an acknowledgement of your letter and when you might hear back.
4. Let us know the best time, and the best way to get hold of you by giving us:
- your email address
- your work or home telephone number
- your cellular/mobile telephone number
5. Remember to attach or include copies of any documents you think are important.