Making a complaint
We want you to know how to make a complaint to the Ombudsman’s Office, and what you can do to make it as effective as possible.
How to make a complaint
We want to make it as easy as possible to contact our office. You can reach us through any of the methods below.
Telephone: 1-844-608-8756 or 416-345-1505
Online Complaint Form: https://www.services.hydroone.com/forms/Online-Complaint-Form.aspx
Mail: 483 Bay St., South Tower, Toronto, ON M5G 2P5
What to include in your complaint
Start by giving us your name, address, Hydro One account number, and the best way to get in touch with you. Then tell us:
- What happened
- When it happened
- Who was involved
- What was said or done
- Who at Hydro One you have spoken to about your complaint
- Why you believe Hydro One has treated you unfairly or acted unreasonably
- What kind of outcome you would like
How to make your complaint more effective
The more information you provide about your complaint, the faster we can begin helping you. Here are a few important tips about gathering the information we need to give you the best possible support:
- Let us know what you feel was unfair or unreasonable and why.
- Keep a record of all your conversations with Hydro One employees, including their names and the dates of those conversations.
- Keep copies of any letters or emails you have sent or received.
- Tell us what you feel would be a fair outcome for your complaint. For example, do you want:
- An apology
- A billing correction
- A change to Hydro One policy
- A service that could have been offered but was not, or a change to the way services are offered?
- Let us know the best time, and the best way to get hold of you.
- Provide us with copies of anything you think is important to your complaint.
Before you call or write, focus on the most important points you would like to raise with us. If you are calling, it might help to write out your main points beforehand to ensure you remember to share them with us during our first call.