What We Stand For:
We are an office of last resort for individuals who believe they have been hurt by a decision, act or omission of Hydro One. We are independent of the company’s administration; our services are free, confidential, and impartial.
We are neither an advocate for the complainant nor an apologist for Hydro One.
What we are is an advocate for fair process, fair decision-making, and equity in the treatment of every person who seeks/receives service or does business with the company.
We take into account the needs and the circumstances of each person who contacts us. Our recommendations will be fair and equitable, and follow the facts of each complaint or issue.
We will conduct ourselves with integrity, honesty, and diligence in advancing administrative fairness. We will avoid placing ourselves in situations that could lead to conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
We will act in good faith and uphold all applicable legislation in fulfilling our duties.
We take all reasonable steps to protect records given to us and we will only disclose them if the Ombudsman needs them to establish grounds for her conclusions and recommendations.
We are committed to making sure everyone is treated equitably; this means that people and groups may be treated differently according to their situations in order to achieve fair results.
We will reflect and practice our values in all our interactions with complainants, elected representatives, stakeholders, employees, community groups, and the public at large.
What We Care About:
- Respecting and supporting Hydro One’s core values
- Accessibility, accountability, and ethical behaviour
- Following due process in keeping with principles of “natural justice”
- Valuing difference and showing respect
- Encouraging others to take part by being inclusive and equitable in all our dealings
- Listening actively to help others fully participate
- Promoting and ensuring full access to service
- Having an open attitude
- Communicating appropriately and effectively